A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, March 10, 2005

The books

Well, there were a few disappointments last night, the first being the Spurs. In fact, I'm not even going to talk about that. All I'm going to say is that they should have won.

The book about Frontpage wasn't really what I was looking for. I didn't really know much about the program beyond the fact that its used to make web pages but when I got the part where it said, "You can easily add an impressive feature...a scrolling marquee...", I decided that this book was not for me. No offense to those who happen to have scrolling marquees on their web sites, I'm sure your's is a cut-above and really appeals to those who like them. Unfortunately, I will always associate scrolling marquees with those poorly done personal web pages with all kinds of random animated gifs and the multicolored background which threatens to induce a mild seizure at any moment.


To add to the disappointments last night, I realized that Office XP Professional doesn't even come with Frontpage to begin with. I was positive that it was on the disc and it had just been one of the programs I'd chosen not to load but I was wrong. Office XP = No Frontpage. I should have just left the book at the library. The Web Design for Dummies isn't too bad though so I'm working my way through that. I'll keep you posted.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker