A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Forgot to Post

Sorry about that. I was pretty tired after working on stuff and I just went to bed=)

I can safely say that I will not be buying templates anymore. This one that I bought was nice and everything but I was quickly reminded of why I was making my templates in the first place. No, it's not because I'm cheap...entirely. It is because in it's original state, this template was loading at 35 seconds for a 56k modem. That is terrible! I spent this weekend and yesterday redoing the template to look like the original but without all of the bloated code. I have shaved it down to 12.07 seconds for a 56k but that is still too high. They say that you have 7 seconds to sell someone on your site. That's not 7 seconds after that 35 it took for your page to load, that is 7 seconds total. I am still loading too long. I'm not sure where else to optimize, though. I'll keep you posted.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker