A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Insanity Part Deux

Doing the same thing over and over again wouldn't be that bad if this time around I could break the cycle. I wanted to buy a template (read: break the cycle). I had my business debit card out and was READY TO BUY SOMETHING! But wait, I have to be sure that things will work the way I want. The adventure ensues....

I called TemplateMonster.com to find out about whether the "required software" was actually required. Not very impressed with their phone service. The first number I called, the guy seemed confused and wasn't quite sure what Template Monster was (I'm thinking that it is a smaller off-shoot of a bigger company). Not convinced that I reached the right people to talk to, I call a second number. I am told to leave a voicemail with no indication of who the company I called was or anything of that nature. I call the third number. "All circuits are busy..." In a momentary lapse of control, I turned green and ripped off my shirt. Only for a moment though.

I cycle through the numbers once or twice more and can't even get in touch with Confused Dude. Finally I decide to test their 24/7 chat support. It works. "Phil" on the other end is friendly and helpful. I no longer feel the urge to bite children and small animals. Unfortunately, Phil informs me that the required software is actually required. This is an hour or so after I started my little Odyssey. No templates were purchased.

So, as you can see it is not my fault that the cycle is made of adamantium. There are forces at work determined to prevent me from buying a template (read: break the cycle). Either that or I'm talking nonsense and just need to go to bed.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker