A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Mr. Gates, You Are Late

After a completely useless day at work (the only thing constructive I was able to bring myself to do was a 10 second call about a conveyor belt) I came home and continued my streak. It wasn't until about 9 that I actually started to do any real work. Adwords research. I have found a few resources that I am trying to learn from. So far the consensus is that your success depends heavily on your keywords and your ability to think out of the box to avoid the highly contested words. One tip that I was able to garner was to ask yourself about the needs of the market rather than how you can sell your product. Uncommon sense in my opinion. You know it but that knowledge lies just beneath the surface until you read/hear it.

I have the day off tomorrow so I will spend it creating my keyword list and preparing for the coming campaign. I also need to redo the links in my cables section and a few other maintance related things. After talking to Tara, I need to back-up my site this weekend. It will suck but the alternative is far worse.

My site is finally indexed in MSN. The MSNbot finally arrived Tuesday night sometime. I am now officially in the big 3. My Yahoo traffic is coming in as a trickle but I must still be on the first two pages for home theater accessories because that's how everyone is finding the site.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

3 Comments:

  • Hey I noticed that you don't have alot of meta keywords on your home theatre accessories site, why is that?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:48 PM  

  • On the home page I don't but the rest of the pages I have a few. The reason for this is that from what I've heard and read, the meta keywords really don't have that much of an effect anymore.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 3:37 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Projector update, at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker