A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Monday, May 16, 2005

Shades of Things to Come?

So I come home from work and check my stats for my site, lo and behold some one have found my site from one of the articles I submitted. I'm thinking this is great and I continue to look through the stats when I see one that says someone found me with Yahoo. Well, I'm thinking this guy is probably one of you looking to see if my site is really in the search engine; probably just typed in the name of my site like I did. I take a closer look and see that they had typed in "home theater accessories". No Resource. So now I'm thinking, this guy probably just wanted to see what number my site was. No big deal.

I start talking to Tara and tell her how I don't think that the search is a big deal. She goes to the url that the searcher had found me at and says "It's legit, you are #25. That's pretty good for such a competitive phrase." I flip out. I go to Yahoo but I can't find my site. I go to sitereportcard.com and it says I'm not in the top 50. Finally I decide that it doesn't matter if I can't see it as long as the rest of the world can. I ask her to make a screenshot just so that I can see what it looks like to be in the top 50. She sends it to me and now I'm determined to see it for myself. I go back to yahoo using a different browser. I type in home theater accessories. Not on page one, not expecting to be on page one. I click page two. BAM!!

Can I get a "HELL YEAH"?




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker