A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Working Hard

Getting the SSI to work yesterday was a trial of untold proportions. One thing would work and another would fail. To make matters worse, my browser would randomly decide to show changes that hadn't been made like broken image links. It's finished though I couldn't get the header or Adsense to work properly from an include statement. The SSI has already paid it's dividends though. I added a new section to the site and it took only a few minutes rather than the hour it would normally take. I love using SSI. I hate writing it into code!

I wrote an article today and applied to one, final merchant. I also created a pretty good spreadsheet for article submissions. I'm still debating whether or not to release it. I'll keep you posted.

Hopefully these are the last major changes to the site. If the dust has truly settled, then I can focus on the articles and the next sites. I have an idea for the next two. One will NOT be a content site. Now, I hear your mummurs out there in the crowd and I can tell you that your claims that my speech is blasphemous are unwarranted. This is business. I love home theater so I write about it. If I can make money on a site that doesn't require writing content, I will. 'Nuff said.

Real Estate:

I woke up 30 minutes late on Friday morning. Luckily I was still able to make it to work on time because its only about 3 minutes away on the trip there. The trip home is a completely different breed of cat. This made me think about my decision to buy a duplex and move in. The goal of the duplex strategy, as it will now be called, is to eliminate my cost of living. It's not about more space or bad neighbors or anything of that nature. It is only about the money. What if I just bought a duplex and STAYED here at the apartment while I'm working. As long as my cashflow was $555/month, I'd achieve the same results while avoiding the hassle of moving and traffic on the way to work. In fact, since I'd have a duplex with two tenants rather than just one, I may come out on the positive end even after my rent is paid. That would be SWEET. On top of these benefits, I just opened up a whole bunch of perspective properties. Before, I was looking for one with a vacant unit and close to work. Very, very limited options. Now I want two tenants and have the whole city plus outlying towns to look through. Interesting thought, huh?




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

1 Comments:

  • Good for you on the duplex idea, I hope you find something great. Maybe not too far since you'll be responsible for repairs and stuff, so you wouldn't want to drive an hour to change a lightbulb.. something else to think about, perhaps? ;)

    By Blogger Tara, at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker