A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Someone is Lying to Me

Yes, either there is deception afoot or I just don't know how to use a search engine. Yesterday the stats from my host said that I had a link from DMOZ and Yahoo. I checked today and now it's added Google to the mix. I've checked both DMOZ and Google and I just can't find my site. I was hopeful for DMOZ because an editor did stop by yesterday but only looked at the home page. Needless to say, I decided that the host's stats weren't to be trusted. Well, I just checked my StatCounter account and it says I'm listed in Yahoo and GOOGLE! Now I don't know what to believe so you can sit here in great anticipation as I go to the one place I do trust, sitereportcard.com.

Scratch that trust thing I just said. It isn't even showing the table that tells if you are indexed or not. It shows the link popularity one but not the search engine index. Conspiracies, people. Conspiracies!

I was able to write my first post-web development article today. It started out rough but it didn't turn out too badly. I had planned to submit some articles today but between writing my article and fixing my bed (long story) I just didn't have time. Tomorrow is another day.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

  • I've been using Statcounter for 3 months and I've never seen anywhere that it will show you if your site is in the indexes.. figures! lol Where did you see that?

    By Blogger Tara, at 10:49 PM  

  • There's a link on the left hand nav that says "Search Engine Wars". It tells about the number of users that found your site through a search engine and which it was.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker