A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, May 12, 2005

....But I Still Carry On

After this morning's fiasco, I was actually able to gather myself and do some decent work. I redid the home page. Initially, I didn't put much effort into the home page and it definitely showed. Since this is the page that most people land on, it's the last place I need to skimp on. It's about 1 1/2 times longer now than it was, with more pictures and descriptions of what can be found at the site as well as links directly to articles. I also give an explanation of how to use the RSS for the uninitiated. 100% better in my opinion.

Looking at my stats, I realized that people use the top navigation bar more than the one on the side. This surprised me and posed a problem. The articles button was the only way to get to the Article categories page aside from the site map. Again, I didn't put much effort in to this page. In fact, I think I just copy and pasted the site map and took out some of the links. That's how bad it was. This lack of effort also showed in the stats. People who ventured to that page usually left from that page. I can't have that. I went through and added descriptions for each of the categories and each of the articles. It looks much better than it did before but I'm still not sure if it's up to snuff. I'll think about what I can change while I'm at work tomorrow.

With all of this tweaking, I haven't submitted to a directory in a couple of days and haven't submitted any articles yet. I think all of the major stuff is taken care of, at least until I do the SSI overhaul this weekend. I scheduled myself for three articles this week and I have one finished. I have a lot to do in the next couple of days.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker