A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Can you say "Tres"?

I didn't get to do much for the site today. I stayed at work for an extra 3 1/2 hours so that I can have Friday off. 4 day weekend for me. One thing I can say about my job, I have a great boss. We both went to A&M and I think the fact that we both have the rings played a major part in me getting hired.

I was able to submit to a few RSS directories today. If you have an affiliate marketing site, I think having an RSS feed is definitely something you should take advantage of. There are so many directories dedicated to RSS feeds that you just can't get into otherwise. On top of just being in more directories, your feed will have MULTIPLE links in it. My new articles were indexed in Google long before all of my other pages with the exception of my homepage. This was true even for the articles that I didn't post here and I think that the newsfeed played a part in that. While I sometimes post a new article here, I always put it in my newsfeed and ping Yahoo and Newsgator. Just something to think about if you have a site.

Oh, by the way....at least for a time today my site was #3 in Yahoo! for home theater accessories and #4 for home theatre accessories. Now if I could just hold on to that spot long enough to knock the other two down.....




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

3 Comments:

  • On the 1st page of yahoo today nice one must be a good feeling.

    By Blogger Mark, at 3:48 AM  

  • Keep up the good work my friend! I'm especially liking your marketing tales :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:47 AM  

  • Thanks. I really appreciate the support from all of you reader-types. This blog honestly keeps me moving forward with this business.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker