A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, October 08, 2009

A Lot Has Happened Since Last Post...

My work to get back into PPC failed. Once again, impatience and poor strategy have cost me dearly in both money and time. I am learning my lessons, though. I just wish it wasn't costing me an arm and a leg in the process.

So, I'm forced to use organic methods of driving traffic. Luckily, I've picked up some great nuggets along the way that should help things. One of them is a great affiliate program that provides you with everything - articles, lead magnets, etc. It has helped me formulate my strategy on building organic traffic. We will see how it goes.

One bright note, in the past few weeks, I've seen the power of having a list. I have lists in the 3 niches now: one for my product and 2 others. Using those lists after I curtailed most of my PPC spending, I was able to generate a significant amount of money. The best part is that I'd already paid to get them on the list so the money generated was all net!

Good stuff.

Next thing. All the stuff you hear about buyers being more valuable than regular list subscribers is true beyond belief. My small list of a few hundred buyers (which I've neglected and didn't set up a true automation for getting them on the buyers' list until a month ago, otherwise it would be much bigger) bought MORE of a product that I was promoting than my full list of nearly 6,000.

And they did it without me using the second follow up promotion I used on the 6,000!

The Lesson - If you can get a buyers' list going - you're building your own gold mine. If you can figure out how to do so as an affiliate, then you're really on to something.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

  • Congrats Jon! I'm glad to see you're having success with your list building strategy!

    By Blogger Roger Hutchison, at 2:54 PM  

  • I don't know if I go so far as to call it success. I'm having trouble getting as many opt-ins as I'd like. However, I do have some strategies formulating that might help!

    How are things with you?

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker