A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, March 24, 2005

I love Photoshop

I'm usually more decisive than this. I usually choose a course and stick with it but this SiteBuildIt! decision just won't die! At this time, the only argument I have in favor of SBI is that it has tools for search engine optimization. That's it! Not my lack of knowledge of html (the books are on the way), not my lack of tracking software (good web hosts seem to give that to you), and not anything else I can think of off the top of my head. Is their search engine optimization tool, which works behind the scenes so that I may or may not be able to learn how to do it myself, really worth $300? This morning my decision became, "no". There is absolutely no going back on this now. No SBI.

From that fateful decision this morning, I began designing the look of the affiliate marketing website's homepage with Photoshop. I had heard that the level of customization with SBI is dismal, so I am taking full advantage of my new found freedom. I'm actually almost finished with it. While I won't be able to port the picture directly and use it as the homepage, it does give me an idea of how I want it to look. I'm going for a very clean, very minimalist look for the affiliate website; something very much in the vein of Apple's website. So far, I'm very pleased with the way it looks. At least everything but the logo. I can see it causing me many long nights ahead.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker