A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Friday, April 15, 2005

A Baby Step From Going Live

I was able to accomplish a little bit today. The navigation and privacy policy page are complete for the most part. The navigation is a bit rough but it is functional. Not pretty yet, but it is functional. I've decided to go with forms at the bottoms of the pages for people to use to email me. I think this will limit the amount of spam I will receive to my website's email account.

As far as what I have left for the affiliate marketing site, I still need to make the site map, about us page, add the pictures and adjust the background. It seems like no matter how long I make the background picture in the y-direction, some of my articles still make it to the reloop point. I thought about splitting these articles into a page 1, page 2, etc. setup but I think that might cause problems with my keyword density in the articles' current state. I also have to add the Adsense ads but that will happen after the site is live. I may make some adjustments to the home page, we will see what kinds of comments I get on it before I do too much on that. Finally, there is the RSS. I need to have that up from the get go as a supplement for the newsletter. I need some way to get repeat traffic and the RSS will do that for me until I can get a newsletter going. Other than these things, the site is ready to go.

I've decided that iPower Web is going to get my money for hosting. They just added a $25 Adwords credit in addition to the $50 Overture credit. I did receive a very generous offer for hosting from Jonleehacker but with the new Adwords credit, it would really help the site to go with iPower Web. I do want to thank him for his offer though. If you are interested in getting hosted for your own site, let me know and I'll see if he wants some business thrown his way.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker