A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Week Needs to End

Rough week. Anyway, I wrote an article today at work. I should be able to fit in at least one more tomorrow. I was also able to upload some files to the host today. There are 3 pages up for #2. They are SSIed and everything. More to come soon.

Can't say that I am too impressed with the host yet. While I am extraordinarily cantankerous this week, I find the interface to be a bit cumbersome. I'm also starting to see that hosting multiple sites is going to present a challenge, in the very least. From what I can tell, they only give you one directory. All the files and pages for multiple sites will be lumped into this one location. While that won't be a problem for most of the pages since they will be in specific folders, the top level pages like the home page and contact will all be in one spot. I can see bad things coming from that. Hopefully I am wrong and there is a way to have separate directories for each domain.

I realized today that there is no way that I would be able to get 8 quality sites up by the end of the year. (At least not content sites and with Google's crackdown on affiliates, content seems to be the way to go.) Even with the Universal Template, I don't think I will get to 8. I am still going to make the attempt, though.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

  • Who's your host? I know that my host gives me seperate directories for each of my sites...I think that should be the norm a least...weird host...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:28 AM  

  • Nikki,
    It depends on the site. For the home theater site, it can take a very long time to create articles because of some of the research I have to do. #2 I can write content in 10 mins at times. It all depends on what you are doing.

    Jean-Rene,
    I'm using eMax. I sent them an email asking if each domain gets a separate directory but the response left me confused. Who do you use? Do you like them?

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker