A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Monday, October 10, 2005

It's Been a Long Time, I Shouldn't Have Left You...

Yeah, it feels like it's been awhile. Last week was rough and really dragged me down but I'm getting back into the swing of things. I updated #2 and 3 today. Despite the fact that the articles were already written, I did not update any of the sites last week. Like I said, last week was rough.

Some people in a forum helped me out with my load time issue. By changing the form to php and using ob_gzhandler, the load time was cut from 34 seconds for a 56k down to 7. 7 seconds! I will consider implementing this on HTAR to get some of the heavier pages to load faster. I would do it with the home page but that would cause all kinds of issues with the inbound links I have already. 7 seconds! That is amazing when you consider that all that happened was I added a line of code. Now I will be able to see if I need to make adjustments to the form since a lack of conversion will no longer be an issue of speed. =)




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker