A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Monday, September 26, 2005

The Power of DMOZ

This morning before work I decided to check SiteReportCard to see how many inbound links I had for #3. Even though I had just finished doing the article submissions this weekend and didn't expect much, I was still curious. To my surprise, there were 85 inbound links listed. I checked them out and almost all were replicas of the DMOZ page my site is on. Every one of them was a solid inbound link, no scrapers and none from the articles I posted. I can't wait until people start picking up my articles and really contribute to the party. I can now see why people try so hard to get into DMOZ.

The lead form is coming along. There are hundreds of lines of code after I started putting in the validation information and of course it didn't work. I had to go back to the original script and add in a line of code, test, add in a new line, test.... I was able to verify that all of the new fields I created work. Half of the validation stuff works. If I can pull the same productivity tomorrow as I did today, I may be finished by Wednesday.

Thanks to comments from Nikki and Empress, I will be getting a PO Box for the Business. This is a business so I need to treat it like one.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

  • Totally feeling the love :)

    I agree with TMTB - get a mailbox that is something other than a PO Box - if you go through something like Mailboxes Etc, they give you a "suite" rather than box # - it gives credibility to your business and many companys don't like to ship to box numbers :)

    By Blogger The Empress, at 11:11 AM  

  • Well thanks, both of you. I will be looking into it this weekend. There is a quasi-Mailboxes Etc down the street so that would be perfect.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker