A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Let's Try This Again

I wrote and posted an article on the home theater site about digital cable. It was inspired by a question I received on Saturday. This time around, I was given the go-ahead to use his name at the end. Maybe if people see that they could have their name on the site, they will ask more questions. For the first 3 months I was getting at least a question a week but it has tapered off since then.

I have added some new fields to the lead form for #2 and have created the php script for it. I have not tested it because I told a friend that I would take it easy for the rest of the night. It's killing me though. I know there are bugs because I did the programming and I want to fix them but she's right. Sometime I push myself too hard.

As soon as I have the lead form finished and the Adwords campaign set, I will shift gears to Project 10/15. Laugh if you want but I like the name=) Anyway, Project 10/15 is going to be a test to see how many sites I can get up quickly. This will go against my practice on sites 1-3 and having 15-25 articles before the site goes live. This time around it will be 5. This will get the clock started on the infamous Google Sandbox. If I do this right, I could get sites up very, very quickly. The responsibility on my end would be to do the keyword research, get the headers created, and do the changes to the CSS files for each new site. That is about it. Let's see if I can make Eli Whitney and Henry Ford proud with this interchangeable parts/assembly line approach.

The problem I need to iron out is the financial side. I need money for domain names and article writing. Between the new Adwords campaign and this new project, $150 per month may not be enough. I could register the domains cheaply but they will not have the privacy option. I may open a PO box for the Business so that my personal info isn't out there. I'm out for the night.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, I'm thinking it would be. I had no idea bout the spam stuff though.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 6:32 AM  

  • I know of Registerfly.com that's a good site for buying domains and you have the option to protect your info with their "protectfly" info - it's just an an address back to them. I do believe that GoDaddy.com does the same.. and they're cheap for domain names.

    I too have a mailbox to seperate my business-life from my personal life - to have a bit of "privacy"... also the fact that I move a lot - I don't have to keep changing the info on my affiliate accounts because I keep a mailbox addy.

    Ah... fun times :P

    By Blogger The Empress, at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker