A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Monday, September 12, 2005

Enter the Ant

I was the picture of productivity today. I removed the Adsense from the sidebar of HTAR. It's click through rate was abysmal and didn't contribute much since it had the lowest CPC. We will see what this does to my totals. I added more text to the homepage of #2 because it was still a bit sparse. It remains sparse but at least it looks more presentable than it did.

My blog inspired idea last night was to include recommended merchants on my category pages. These pages are the most popular after the home page so it only makes sense that I should try to put the links where the people are. While I was at it, I redid the format of the page using list tags rather than my craziness I had before. It looks much better in my opinion and it will be 10 times easier to update now that there is actually rhyme and reason to the way things are done. Take a look.

Cable & Connections
Remote Controls & Headphones
HDTV Accessories

Funny thing happened during the course of making the changes. I found out that one of the remote controls I was promoting is no longer offered by one of the merchants and that another merchant may not even be with LinkShare anymore. Would have been nice if someone had sent me an email saying that they were no longer with the company. In fact, I'm sure it's part of the agreement that they have to notify me in advance before terminating our business relationship. I'm not entirely sure that they left LinkShare but I did a search and could not find them. I sent an email, I will let you know what I hear.

I am also looking for new merchants. I know that I am going to go with Buy.com because they offer many of the products that I want on HTAR. I am also looking for some lighting merchants that offer contemporary products, not the old foggie lamps I see on so many sites. That's all for now.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

1 Comments:

  • Talk about a pet peeve!!

    I have had this happen a couple of times now... The first was the worst - the site was ready to go and I found out *after* they were deactivated. Talk about being MAD - waste of time and money. Just recently I found one of my pages on my main site with all dead links.

    You really would think they could notify us. Good Luck!

    By Blogger Credit Repair, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker