A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Saturday, August 27, 2005

New News

Being the slow individual that I am, I just figured out how to check the stats on an add-on domain when you can have more than one site with a host. #3 is indexed in all three major search engines and the spiders were all there last night. Seems to me that they probably discovered the site last weekend then. That is fast considering that there are only a couple inbound links to it. The spiders maybe becoming more efficient. Who knows. That's great though, I was expecting it to take much longer than this.

The new 30 article project is in the works for my author. We discussed it and home theater isn't her strong suit so that will remain in my arena. 30 articles for #2 and 3 will be great though, now all I have to concentrate on is home theater content and link exchanging. For #2 and 3, I have focused on link exchanging in the beginning rather than directories. I'm just speculating with no evidence to back me up but I doubt directory entries are weighed very heavily. Directories rarely seem to pass on PR and that is a major influence in getting people to link to you. They want PR and the more you have on your link page, the more people will want to link to you. That's not to say that I don't use the directories anymore, I do. They just aren't a priority. The directories will always be there and I can submit at anytime but boosting my PR is the key to getting more links. Directories just don't seem to do the job.

I haven't put much effort into checking out the newsletter route since I mentioned a while back. I talked to Jean-Rene and he says it costs him $19/month, I believe. I'm not sure but my host may have something. I will look into it.

The Business is chugging away with Adsense. I will probably break $50 for the month, almost a 170% improvement over last month. I want sales. Maybe it's just time that I need. I have the same level of traffic but my Adsense goes up each month. It could be the same with sales, I don't know. I don't like relying on Adsense completely, it should only be a supplement in my opinion. Too bad that's not the case for my sites yet.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker