A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, August 18, 2005

#3 is Live!

The air conditioner broke at the office again yesterday so instead of sitting in a 95 degree building for 8 1/2 hours, I took some sick leave. I spent the day writing an article for #2 and finishing up the final portions of #3. I officially have 3 websites now. I will spend a month or two just building content on these before moving on to #4 and #5 . #3 went up in record time. The combination of the Universal Template and outsourcing my content writing gave me a level of efficiency that is starting to approach what I am looking for. I will have to go back through the archive and find out what day I shifted focus over to #3 to find out just how long it took.

If feels good to have #3 up. The RSS, Adsense, interlinking pages, resource and add url pages are all up. I ran through the site quickly to fix any conspicuous problems but it's looking good. There was a background image that didn't look very good when it was repeated so I had to do some Photoshop doctoring there.

Inevitably, I will have that period of several days where I have no idea what to do. Especially now that all 3 are up and the Universal Template sites really don't need the overhauls that HTAR went through, I can foresee being lost in the void for a little bit. I guess the next months will be all content and traffic focused. Not sure I like that=) There's a thrill that goes with creating something. This website building is becoming addictive.

I can't wait until #2 and 3 start getting traffic. Like I said before, the Universal Template I created (and these two are based on) was made with the Google Heatmap in mind as well as the ad units that were reported to have the best results. It will be awhile for them to get to the level of HTAR though. They do not have my blog and those of a few other people to help boost them like the home theater site did/does. Only time will tell.

An interesting situation has come up. As many of you know, I submit articles for the inbound links and the traffic but I did not write most of the content for #3. While I bought the rights to all of them when I paid her, am I able to submit any of them to article directories? These are the questions.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker