A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Reformulated for Performance

Came home from work today after a rough day and went through my usual stat checking ritual. You can imagine my surprise when I found that #2 had 10 visitors today. This is up from the one or two that occasionally find their way there. All 10 were from MSN and one of my submitted articles. I checked and I am on the first page for 3 big keyword phrases. Whether this is a semi-permanent thing or if it will pull the Yahoo-new site shuffle remains to be seen. #2 put in 44% of my total revenue for the day. Not much in actual cash but it's a start. Hopefully these events are shades of things to come.

One thing worries me though. I rely FAR too heavily on MSN for my traffic. I can't seem to make any headway with Yahoo and Google is a pipedream right now.

Inspired by Bootstrappin' Burke's master plan, I have formulated a method of attack that will not only provide me with content but also the means to create newsletters for all three sites. I will start buying articles at a faster rate. If I devote that $150/month that I have been putting aside at each pay period, I could have enough articles to update each site twice a week. From these articles, I can create a monthly newsletter that would basically summarize the articles for the previous month and talk about other things if necessary. I've heard it said too many times that newsletters and email lists help sites weather shifts in the search engines. I can't afford to ignore creating a newsletter for much longer.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker