A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Saturday, September 10, 2005

I'm Not Liking MySQL

PHP is not HTML. HTML was pretty easy to pick up and run with but PHP is a whole different breed of cat. I can't seem to get the form to access the MySQL database I created. I tried to remove that portion from the code but then the form information does not get emailed to me. Extremely frustrating. I thought I could get around it by erasing the portion of the code that displayed the database error so that people would never know it wasn't working properly and I would still get the info. Thought I was pretty clever too until I actually tried to make the page look like the rest of the website. Since the database error stops the rest of the page from loading properly, the menus and some of the other navigational elements won't come up. Sigh.

My author finished 10 more articles that I need to review today. I'll do that before heading out to a BBQ.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

1 Comments:

  • You are right, it is a "different kettle of fish"=) I actually did what you said and went to PHP Freaks to get the script. Everything works right except it won't select the database. I think I'll go to WebmasterWorld and see if anyone can help. Thanks.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker