A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

Monday, October 17, 2005

Project 10/15 - Two Days In

I have essentially selected all five niches for Project 10/15. One niche that I was pretty excited about does not look like it will be profitable so it got cut. Maybe one day when I can just make websites for the hell of it I'll go back and build in that niche. I did find a niche that seems to be untouched so I'm looking forward to that.

Tomorrow, I will go to PostNet on the way home from work and rent a post office box so that I don't have to pay for privacy options with my domain names. It will be $120 for 15 months. Cost seems heavy up front but if things go according to plan.... well, we will just say that that $120 will be a nice savings.

I gave it some thought and not doing the header graphic as I usually do is a bad idea. This will slow me down but it should not be too significant in the grand scheme.

I added more keywords to the Adwords campaign. I'll just keep plugging away and eventually I will find some profitable phrases.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

  • Have you been increasing your spend with the addition of words. We figured out by chance the other day that one of our phrases was only getting shown enough for 1 or 2 clicks because the google algo determined which word they wanted to give the money to and neglected the other keyword in the campaign.

    In addition, it did not show the ad 100% of the time for a prolonged period. Instead, it rationed the impressions throughout the day so that the budget wouldn't run out too early. This was for the heavy word.

    We are about to do a major ramp up and we're going to put our major keyword in a campaign by itself so it won't take from the other words and have them never show up. We're also going to do campaigns by groups of keywords depending on their traffic estimates. With higher traffic terms being in smaller groups.

    By Blogger tmtb, at 10:22 AM  

  • Yeah, I bumped up the daily budget. I am also getting rid of the highly contested words which will help me get to the point where my ads are shown more often.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker