A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Friday, July 27, 2007

Plugging Away

The problem with coming up with 300+ markets to research is that it means you have 300+ markets to research. I have found one with major potential though. It is in a very competative market with PLENTY of affiliate opportunities. Now I'm on the look out for any others that my have the right items for a possible product.

As to Jean-Rene's question, the reason I'm going into more markets is diversity. I seriously want to quit my job soon and I just can't do that if all of my income is generated by one site. Yes, that site may have multiple streams of traffic, but that doesn't matter. If something happens to the site directly (hacker, spam complaints, server melt down, etc.) then my income evaporates instantaneously. More eggs, more baskets.

Also, the niche for my first product is not big enough to provide me with enough income to live off of and expand the business. Need more markets to more consistent income.

I don't know if I mentioned it before or not but I found an ebook that was in a niche similar to Product #1. I offered it to my list and made 9 sales before the site suddenly disappeared. It took me 2 weeks but I was finally able to contact the owner and see if they would be willing to sell the site and the rights to the book. The guy is and would like $2500 for all of it. I have asked for records on income for the last 12 months so that I can determine how much it is worth.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

  • sweet deal bro. Buying a new site that's already working. But why is the guy selling it?

    oh, and got your email :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:36 AM  

  • He really wasn't thinking about selling it until I approached him. The site had been neglected and he said he hadn't touched it in a year. I guess he would have the lump sum rather than a trickle of sales here and there.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker