A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

State of the Business

I'm finally starting to get back on my feet after the catastrophe that was 2009. The plans for my sites has been evolving and last night I formulated my action plan. I've also decided that since I can't seem to find a decent writer to work for me full time, I will hire a virtual assistant instead and outsource content writing to a writing service. It will be more expensive but at least the articles will be written decently.

The idea that was supposed to get me out of my job in a few weeks hasn't panned out. While I still think it can work, I really need to brush up on my SEO skills before I can make it happen. SEO has never been my strong suite but that's all I'm focused on now.

It's funny, no matter how long I've been at this, I still seem to make the same mistakes. This is especially true in SEO. My biggest mistake when I started was focusing on building sites instead of focusing on PROMOTING the sites. There is a big difference. You can have the greatest site in the world but if you don't promote it with backlinks, etc. it's not going to do anything for you. By the same token, if you have the ugliest site in the world but promote it well, you should see some results.

I'm going on a promotion binge. With a few exceptions, I'm not going to be producing much content on the sites themselves. Just about everything is going to be focused on promoting the 4 focus sites. Once I start see results from my SEO efforts, I imagine I can start work on my "quick job escape" division=)

Oh yeah, this month marks 5 years that I've been at this. I may not be where I want to be yet, but I've outlasted many who have come before and after I did. That is a victory in it's own rite.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker