A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Journey to $300/Day - Day 21 Recap

Optimization is not as easy as I thought it would be=)

I burned through another $40 testing the dating offer yesterday and grossed ~$22. This morning, I looked at my stats and started day parting based on when the most conversions took place and when the most profitable times of the day have been during the past week.

Yesterday, I created an MSN/Yahoo campaign for my relationship product. I've had 3 clicks so far so we will see how that goes.

I also created 2 new landing pages for an offer that I know converts. I've made conversions on it and others in a forum I frequent also mentioned doing well with it. The payout is in the double digits so I'm ready to jump in again. The question is whether I should wait for the current dating campaign to start being profitable on a daily basis or if I should go ahead and launch the new campaign. These are the questions...

Yesterday, I also had a slap in the face about how important it is to keep track of EVERY cost and all revenue on a daily basis. Over the past few months, I've been down because it seemed like I wasn't making any progress. Well, yesterday I *finally* sat down and did all of the numbers for last month and this month.

Incredibly, last month (which I thought was a bad month) I actually made $42 profit/day! Seriously, I thought I was in the negative! Now this does not count operating expenses like web hosting, private forum memberships, monthly software subscriptions, etc. With those, it would probably be about half that number.

The point is that I AM making progress. I just didn't know it because I was too lazy and scared to know the truth about how the Business was doing. Don't stick your head in the sand is the lesson from that!




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

  • Congrats Jon! Now that you've proven to your inner chimp that you can (and do!) make a profit with CPA the mental part should get much easier.

    On to scaling!

    -Roger

    By Blogger Roger Hutchison, at 11:57 AM  

  • Yeah, it does make things easier when you start to see things going in the right direction=)

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker