A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Still Missing the Final Piece

The Machine is almost complete. Actually, the day after I said I had all of my employees set, my superstar-to-be writer resigned for personal reasons. Since then, I've been looking for a new writer. Even so, the current Machine is a beast. Here are some developments:

  • Went from #5 to #3 for the main keyword on my 1st product site
  • Went from #5 to #1 for my main product keyword
  • Have seen shifts in rankings (both up and down) across the board on the pages for which the employees are building backlinks
  • One employee is skilled enough to be able to take audio I create, edit it, and create videos!!!
  • Have made progress getting my main site to Wordpress (WP)

Looking at how things are going, I REALLY want to pick up another writer so that I can complete the plan. The final writer will build backlinks in higher volumes and will help generate content for the sites and future products. The Machine is shaping up to be exactly what I was looking for all along!

I also had a startling revelation while trying to convert my main product site to WP. My monetization of pages is horrible! Yes, my landing pages for my products are ok, however, the rest of the pages on my sites do a very bad job of leading the customer into any type of sales funnel. In fact, I found several pages that were ranked in the top 5 on Google for the main keyword that didn't have ANY monetization whatsoever!

- FAIL -

So, part of this transition to WP is to monetize my site properly. Every page should be selling something. I'm also going to test an experiment. I'm going to add the sales video from my salesletter directly on to relevant content pages with an order button beneath it. I'm going to see if I can make sales directly in this manner.

That's all for now.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker