A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Journey to $300/Day - Many ObStaCKles

Things have been crazy since this weekend. First, my clickthroughs were not registering with one of the CPA networks. Then I get an email from my server host that says that I've used 922GB in bandwidth this month on the domain where I host Prosper.

Which is INSANE!

Especially when you consider that I only shifted my tracking there last week! I think someone hacked my server. I talked to other people who have pushed far more traffic that I have and they said there's no way that I used that much bandwidth. Unfortunately, I've had to turn off my campaigns in the meantime. My host and I have a meeting scheduled for this afternoon to talk about the situation.

No matter the outcome, I'm moving to a new server. I found a crazy deal on a virtual private server that I just couldn't pass up. I can't wait to consolidate my servers (I currently have 4 - I know, it' stupid and crazy) and kick some of the older ones to the curb. I also bought an SSL certificate and will be using that on my new tracking system. Hopefully that will and little more protection to my tracking system.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker