A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Hit a Snag

I was putting in a decent amount of work today when the snags started to rear their ugly heads. Everything started out nicely. I started to put in the images. I changed the navigation to the right side of the screen and it actually looks better that way. That's when the problems started. Prior to the navigation shift, everything was aligned properly so that the text was a decent distance away from the borders. All of that went the way of the dodo. After spending who knows how long trying to fix it, I finally got it set perfectly. The only problem was now I had to go back and do it for all of the other pages. At that point, I decided to redo the entire template so that all of the article content could just be copy and pasted. This would eliminate the formatting issue and make it easier to make more pages for the upcoming articles later.

In redoing the template, I put in the email form that I had talked about in an earlier posting and tried to test it. It didn't work. Now, it maybe that it will only send the email if the page is hosted (I have my doubts on this because I have been able to link to other websites from this same page I was working on) but whatever the case I noticed in my html book that some browsers don't support email forms. So I decided to switch from Mozilla to Internet Explorer. Lo and behold, the bottom navigation bar is not on the bottom of the page anymore!! It's about 8 pixels too high. The page looks just fine in Mozilla but is crazy looking with IE. Why don't I just drink poison! So now I'm trying to figure out how to get that damned bar to stay at the bottom of the page. We will see how long this take me.

On a good note, the images I embedded do make the page look significantly better.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker