A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Friday, April 22, 2005

Internet Connection is Up

I'm all moved into the apartment. Now that everything is put away and my DVD player is up and running, I'm starting to like the place. It's actually pretty nice for an apartment. The internet connection is up and things are good so far. I finished the Site Map today and started work on the About Us page before getting serious headache. Of all the pages, this one is turning out to be the hardest. Why, I don't know. It's not like have trouble talking about myself or anything=) Seriously though, it is difficult deciding what information is relevant for the site. You want to present yourself as an expert who's advice and knowledge is valuable while at the same time not coming across as arrogant. Maybe I'm putting too much into this. Wouldn't be the first time.

As it stands, I need to finish the category pages that link to the articles and embed the graphics. I let Tara take a look at the graphic design of the site and she suggested that I move the navigation to the right side of the screen. Apparently this will make your content come up first when your site is crawled by the search engines. So, I need to go back and do that.

I'm a proactive guy, I don't like being passive. It leaves me full of angst and quite honestly I have a tendency to look down on passive people as being weak. So when hackers tried to get into my computer last night I felt more than a little agitated that I couldn't do anything back. Seven times last night my firewall blocked, what it deemed, "high-level" intrusion attempts. Seven times in less than 24 hours. Never before has anyone tried to get into my computer and then last night they decide that it's going to be D-Day. GET A FIREWALL! Do not get on the internet without one. You always think that there are millions upon millions of people on the internet and that the chances of getting hacked are slim. Don't take chances. I just happened to buy Zone Alarm Pro a few weeks ago and I have absolutely no regrets. Especially now that I'm getting into affiliate marketing, I really need that extra protection for my computer. If you don't have a firewall, you can go to the Zone Labs website and download one for free until you can get one. The free one is ok but I paid money to get Pro, so you know how I feel about the difference between the two. If anyone knows how I can be "proactive" the next time someone decides to try to get into my computer, let me know. I have a nasty vindictive streak and that kind of knowledge would put a big smile on my face.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker