A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Moving Day Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow I move into my new apartment. It's going to be an all day affair, too. I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to the place where I left my stuff. Then after loading everything, I have to drive another 1 1/2 to the apartment and unload everything. I am not looking forward to this, I hate moving stuff. The worst is unpacking. Alas.....

New apartment means no internet for a little while. With this in mind, I'm holding off on paying for the hosting until my internet connection is set up. Having the hosting ready and not being able to do anything with it would drive me nuts.

I moved the $400 from the refund into my ING account which is separate from my checking so that it wouldn't evaporate with the rest of my money as I take care of all of the costs associated with moving. Eventually, I want to set up an ING account and a separate checking account that are devoted to the affiliate marketing business. This way, I'd be able to keep my finances separate. Keeping them separate would help at tax time so that I can get all the benefits of owning your own business as well as keep me from inadvertently spending money that is meant for the business. Speaking of ING, they are offering 3% interest on their savings accounts. If you are interested in opening one, let me know. If I refer you, they will automatically give you $25 and me $10. I've had the account for 5 months now and have had nothing but great service from them. The interest rate I started at was either 2.15% or 2.25%, I can't remember for sure. Either way, it has risen to 3% since then. With no fees and no minimums, I think they're good stuff.

Anyway, it looks like it will be a few days after the internet connection is setup before the site goes live. I can't wait until it's up and making money. The combination of Adsense and affiliate commissions will be nice.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

3 Comments:

  • Good luck on the move tomorrow - being a former serial mover, I know the feeling. (Once moved 5 times in 2 years!) I look forward to seeing your site, I hope you'll share it with me. Gimme a buzz when you're online again, and I'll share one of my new sites with you :)

    By Blogger Tara, at 8:34 PM  

  • Hey, I answered your comment on my blog :)

    By Blogger Tara, at 9:42 PM  

  • Good Luck with your move, Jonny.

    Just wanted to let you know that I left a comment on your March 31st post about exchanging links!

    Enjoy the new place.

    By Blogger Ottawa Information Guide, at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker