A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I Hate Being Sick

I feel like I swallowed liquid razor blades.

I've been working heavily on this PPC campaign and the CTR has been improving. Sales have not, however. I have made a few but not nearly as many as I know are possible. I've changed everything in this project.... except the sales copy. I had deliberately tried to keep the landing page as light and plain as possible to improve clickthrough. In that regard, it has done well holding steady at between 35 and 45% CTR from landing page to merchant page.

The problem maybe that keeping it as light as I have has not given it the ability to persuade people to BUY once they click through. I "cracked open" Ken Evoy's Netwriting Master course to see if it could provide any help. Of course, like all Sitesell stuff, it is mostly a sales pitch for other ebooks and SBI but it seems to have a few things that could help me out.

This is a painful decision but I'm going to pause the campaign until I have the new sales copy finished. The chances of making enough sales in the next few days to break even are slim so why spend the money. I'll work on the sales copy, come back and test it out. Hopefully, there will be some improvement=)

I'll be out of town for the next few days so all of you celebrating Thanksgiving, have a happy one. Those of you who aren't, still have a happy one. Seeya.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker