A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Monday, November 28, 2005

I'm Back!

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving and didn't miss me too much. I had fun with the family and a friend of mine who I hadn't heard from in about 2 years. It was good stuff.

In my last post I talked about pausing my campaign while I was gone because I needed to make changes. The theory was that I wasn't making enough sales without the changes so why pay for the clicks. Bad move. I turned off the campaign once I made it to San Antonio. Unfortunately I either didn't check for new sales or sales didn't register before I paused the campaign. This morning I decided to resume the campaign for whatever reason. With in an hour I had a sale. Not only that, there had been sales while I was gone; one right before I paused the campaign and another a few days later. I came home from work today to find that I had made another sale in that time. Now I am left wondering if I could have made more money if I had left the campaign running the entire time I was gone. These are the questions...

I want a laptop badly. I may have mentioned it in another post but it has gotten worse since I left for vacation. I wanted to work while I was gone and I kept seeing ads and commercials and laptops in stores, all of them with the intention of getting me to buy. I went to the HP website and customized one. It would cost me about 800-900 bucks for a decent laptop there. Sigh. The Business will buy the laptop as long as I have the will power to resist. I really really want one.

Anyway, nothing breeds motivation like success. With my new sales comes a renewed desire to get things working. This promotion will now get its own domain. Right now it is running off of #2's domain and it has nothing to do with the product. I believe this may be hurting sales because the domain name is displayed in the Adwords ads. I am also working on the PHP script I mentioned awhile back when I discussed how I could have approached this in a better manner. Rather than 300+ html pages, there will be a single PHP page that will display the appropriate product name and link. There will also be improved sales copy on the landing page. Exciting stuff.

I'm still sick so I will be pacing myself a bit. I have made some progress on the PHP page and I am going to buy the domain name as soon as I finish this post. Then I will be going to bed. Until tomorrow.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

  • Glad to see you back at it :) Whoot on the sales too!

    By Blogger The Empress, at 11:59 AM  

  • Thanks for the welcome=)

    It is great that we are on the same path. At least it feels less like I am blazing a trail alone here.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker