A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Well That Fixed That Problem

Don't let anyone tell you that your domain name doesn't matter with PPC. Example: While the PPC promotion I am working on was on #2's domain, I would get 30 clicks max in a day. Last night, I changed a majority of the ads over to the new domain that is related to the products. 65 clicks today. I didn't make any sales so I paused it until I finish the landing page changes and the PHP script. If I had just spent the money and bought the domain to begin with, I would have saved a lot of money by having a higher CTR in the beginning and lower bids for my keywords. Live and learn. Those of you who are thinking about PPC, I hope you are taking notes. I'm trying to save you money here by spending my own=)

The PHP page is almost finished. I have it set up to check for an id number in the url. It will process that number and the page will spit out the appropriate product links, titles, names, etc. It is really pretty cool and not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. If I had just done this in the beginning, I would be so much better off than I am now. I threw together a header, too. It looks good enough for now.

This cold has really affected me. I get a comment from Burke overnight essentially throwing down the gauntlet, saying we should race to see who will make it to $100/day first. My initial thought was, "But I'm not making many sales right now and he has a headstart." When I realized what I was thinking, I couldn't believe it. It's not like me to back down like that. So, Burke, I pick up the gauntlet and I accept your challenge=)

Back to writing PHP.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker