A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Monday, August 21, 2006

Death of a Dragon

That's right. I am no longer chasing the PPC2 dragon. If I were to tell you how much money I have lost on that site, it would make most of you physically sick. One good thing did come out of it though. It forced me to push the envelop on how much I was willing to spend. While it did little to help on that site, it did get me rolling on PPC1 which consistently performs. It doesn't get the volume needed to be substantial but it does turn a profit.

Without PPC2, I would probably still be trying to make things happen bidding $0.10/click and setting my campaigns to less than $10/day. I've learned that you can't really get a campaign rolling if you are afraid to set the bar higher. In general I keep Adwords set to $50-$75/day. I have never spent that much but having it set that high makes sure my ads show up consistently. In fact, I have been told my experienced marketers that they didn't REALLY start making money until they were actually SPENDING $100/day. Something to think about.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

1 Comments:

  • $100 Dollars a day.... definitely puts my $1 a day campaign to shame. From my little stint in the adWords game, I could definitely agree with having to spend more to make a difference in the bottom line. But it's such a razor's edge - spending but not a guarantee of return.

    Scary...

    But I'd probably do it again :)

    By Blogger The Empress, at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker