A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Growing Pains

This is going to be rough and it may (read: will) impact my goals for the year. Whether that impact will be positive or negative remains to be seen.

Growing Pain #1: New Host.
I need one bad. iPower is good and I like them a lot. The problem I have is that they only allow 6 domains per account. If I were to transfer all of my stuff to them, I should have enough room for all of my domains if I get 2 accounts. I'd still be paying the same amount I am now but there would actually be customer service available. Stark contrast to eMax Hosting.

By the way, spread the word not to use eMax. Sing it from cliffs and rooftops and in the shower.

I had to contact tech support today because I had forgotten my password to get into HTAR. Yes, it had been that long since I updated that site. I asked the guy about a solution to my problem and his answer was simple...

Dedicated server.

Unfortunately, I do not make enough to support a dedicated server, autoresponder, and PPC costs. It is something to shoot for though.


Growing Pain #2: Switch to Aweber
I knew I should have left Email Aces alone but I allowed myself to be duped by a "guru". I know, I know. I knew better but I chose to ignore my instinct. One year and over one thousand subscribers later I have finally become fed up with them. Their options, limited. Their tech support, nonexistant.

I WILL lose subscribers in the transition but Aweber will afford me greater flexibility in my marketing.

Just like real growing pains, these will hurt for the short term but will benefit the business in the long run.

Thank, Jean-Rene and Sunny Monkey for your suggestions on hosting options. If anyone has any other suggestions, let me hear them.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

1 Comments:

  • I use Dreamhost. I can host unlimited sites on one account - no extra charge, unless you go over the bandwidth limits (which I never have). I like them very much.

    By Blogger Pat, at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker