A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Product: Back on Track

Last night I was able to do the final edits on two of the videos. By the end, each was an hour or more long. That is ok though because I have made a decision.

This is going to be a physical product!

I've been resisting this shift for a long time but I think it is time to grow. I found a company that will do duplicate, create packaging, and ship the product for me. I will never have to touch it in order to get it in the hands of my customer. The price per unit isn't bad either so I believe it is time.

Going physical will do two major things for me.

1. I will not have to sacrifice quality. If it were just a digital product, I could have to degrade the video and audio quality to the point that I would not be satisfied with it. Also, I would not feel right charging more than $97 for it.

2. Physical products command higher prices. With the digital version, I was hoping for a price point between $97 and $127. Now I'm not going to charge less than $127 and I'm hoping that $157 would sell.

At $157, if I were to sell out of the first order and assume that I paid affiliates 50% and they made 50% of the sales, I would be looking at $9,500 at launch.

Next problem - Affiliates
Physical products can't bee sole on Clickbank. This means I need to set up my own checkout and processing system as well as my own affiliate program. Any suggestions?




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

  • Jon,

    Long time no chat! I just launched my MLM Auction Secrets course - it is a physical product.

    I went with 1ShoppingCart - and even took them up on the merchant account they offer. It has been very easy to get it all set up.

    To get the affiliate program you have to go with the Pro version - but from what I have seen so far it is worth it!

    I am using Disk.com for production and fullfillment - they integrate with 1shoppingcart - which is really nice.

    Hope it goes well for you!

    By Blogger Burke Jones - N0HYD, at 2:13 PM  

  • yeah, I was going to suggest 1shoppingcart myself. Because I'm thinking of converting to this myself soon :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker