A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Friday, June 27, 2008

Race to $200+/Day - Disappointment

Well, things have not been going nearly as well as they were in the beginning of the month. The first week was ridiculous and if things had continued on that course, I would have definitely hit my $100/day net goal. Unfortunately, they didn't continue. I think several factors are to blame.

1. Messing with what works - There was a particular adgroup that was/is making the lion's share of my income. However, there was a period of time where it had a slump and so I lowered it's bidding price. Sales disappeared.

The dry spell coincided with split testing the merchant was doing so I was quick to blame them for the campaign's failure. A few days ago, I decided to raise the bid on that adgroup again.

That day that adgroup generated $104 of $130 grossed by that campaign.

2. Not launching enough - Rather than trying to tweak the campaigns I have running, I should have just launched more campaigns. Launched relentlessly. I didn't and my income suffered.

3. Summer? - Maybe the addage that summer affects affiliate marketing actually is true.... But I doubt it.

4. Laziness - I just didn't work as hard the first half of the month as I did the second. I just need to keep in the forefront that if I bust it hard now, I will be able to play and have fun FOREVER in the next couple months.

5. Failed Campaigns - I did launch a few campaigns but none of them had the punch of the ones I already had. I think I became timid again with my bidding and the traffic never developed because of it.

The new goal - I'm going to shoot for $200/day net from here on. I'm going to run full out for the minimum goal of the entire race. It is going to be launch, launch, launch now until I hit the goal. Once I hit the goal, then I will start to scale the campaigns to increase their ROI.

Prizes - If I hit $200/day net by July 31, I will get my business to purchase insurance for me so that I will be covered once I quit and also a new pair of Oakleys that I've wanted. I have to get my prescription put in them so sunglasses are always expensive for me.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker