A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Race to $200+/Day - The Ugly Side of PPC

The Race continues and you probably saw my post on my record grossing day. One thing that people often overlook, myself included, is the role ad costs play in those record grossing days.

It is easy to get exuberant about days with a huge volume of sales but without proper tracking, you really don't know how well things are actually going. Unlike last month, this month I have tried to stay on top of tracking income and expenses at the same time. This gives a much better picture and allows you to make adjustments you would never have known were necessary.

For example, the Clickbank product I'm promoting has been doing great in terms of sales. Often, I will get multiple sales of the product in a day. It wasn't until I broke down the sales and costs on a daily basis that the truth was revealed. Despite all of the sales, the book was only at 7% ROI for the month on the record setting day.

7%!!

That is horrible. What that said to me was that things weren't nearly as glossy as they first appeared. It was at that time that I realized that I had not been making the same adjustments that I had been doing with the big campaign. I immediately started to make those adjustments.

If you are thinking about really getting into PPC, beware of the glossy appearance of your campaigns. It isn't until you truly analyze your campaigns with real tracking data that you will start to see the truth.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker