A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Stompin' the Snags

Sometimes you just need some sleep to solve a problem. This morning, I woke up and deleted the bottom navigation bar that was causing me so much trouble last night. Very simple solution and the pages don't look any worse without it. In fact, it makes the pages look a bit cleaner now and they should load faster without that added graphics.

There is a list of decisions that I have made for this affiliate marketing website that turned out to have a profound effect in the right direction. I have to say that going back and redoing the template (again) is definitely in the top 3. The process of making pages is so streamlined now that it still amazes me hours after I redid all of the articles. Now, all I have to do is copy and paste my content and change the heading tags for the subheadings and the page is finished. The template created with Nvu and the external style sheet take care of the rest. If you haven't read the comments for April 13 Daniel Glazman, lead engineer on the Nvu program, said that it is completely spyware free. I'd like to thank him for posting and letting us all know about the status of the program. Use it until your heart is content. All of the initial graphics, email forms, and copyright notices were finished today. I may add some pictures to the home page because it looks a bit sparse as is.

Speaking of CSS, I have a site that can help you with creating your style sheets. The CSS Validator comes right out of my web resources bookmarks and has been invaluable for finding errors in my external style sheet. It will definitely save you time by showing you what you are doing wrong as well as what has been coded correctly.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker