A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Project 10/15 - Blazin' Speed

Some of you may be wondering why I am calling the 4th site #5. The reason for this is because I already had the idea for #4 and bought the domain first. However, #5 is easier for me to work on at the moment. I know all of you were just DYING to understand that one.

Previously on JonnyQ...
"After getting off the phone with her, rather than take it easy tonight I worked on the header for #5. Took me about an hour and a half. Fastest ever."

Today...
I finished the image for the background of the sidebar. I also redid the colors in the CSS and adjusted the Universal Template to prepare it for the new niche. A new StatCounter project was created for it so that I could track the traffic. I added the domain to my host and changed the nameservers with GoDaddy. I'm not sure when that will kick in but by tomorrow I should be able to start putting actual pages on the web.

I made a test page to see how it would look. Not too shabby for something that has been built all in the last 24 hours. I also ran it through SiteReportCard to make sure it loads quickly. Without text but with all of the graphics, it is loading at 5.6 seconds for a 56k. I can reduce the size of the header and sidebar graphic a bit if necessary. I am toying with the idea of incorporating the PHP trick I used on #2's form.

What's Left on #5...
I need make a few adjustments to the navigation, then write and post the articles. After that #5 will be complete and I will move to #4 or 6. If I push hard, I can have #5 finished by Sunday.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker