A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Monday, May 01, 2006

Oh, the Irony

Only days after I went on my rant about the unstable nature of relying on a job, I got cut from the merchant I was using for PPC2. Trust that the irony is not lost on me. It's not as big of a deal as losing one's job but it is frustrating. I can find another merchant, the problem lies in that another merchant may not allow me to use this form I've been working on since August. That and they do not pay nearly as well. Alas.

The lesson in this is to diversify. If I had more than 2 programs running, this would not be much of an obstacle. Unfortunately, that is not and now the program I had been banking on to be my "big money maker" is down for the count.

To answer for this shift in the Universe, I am going to try to either test 2 big programs a month or make a single program profitable (after testing of course). An alternating schedule of test 2 one month, make a successful one more profitable the next should help me diversify quickly and actually make some progress.

I've already dusted off PPC3 and have 8 product pages revamped. 20 product pages and we go live again. PPC1 from the holidays is back up and running. It is not as profitable as it was in December but it is bringing in a little bit at a time. PPC4 has been decided upon and will go into production after PPC3 goes live. Meanwhile, I will search for a new merchant and get PPC2 back online. I want at least 5 profitable programs by year's end. That's not too much to ask, right?




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

2 Comments:

  • Why not focus on making one program profitable first? You'll get alot more done than if you work a little bit on each site at a time.

    When that one site is making you a acceptable profit, you move on to the next project.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:30 AM  

  • To add a comment to what Jean Rene said - I think by working on one site at a time - would leave JonnyQ888 in the same boat he is now - I think increasing your sites would distribute the risk. It's a lot of work - but in the end if a program ends your not completely screwed.

    By Blogger The Empress, at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker