A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Back from Out of Town

I'm back. I didn't do much over the weekend so I'm going to try to make up for it now. Last night I worked mostly on the one-time-offer page to get it to convert. It hasn't yet so I'm sure that it is the salescopy.

I noticed a reoccuring theme. My salescopy doesn't sell. I bought Yanik Silver's Instant Sales Letters last night so that I can see if that will turn things around. I REALLY hope that it does because I know my product is a good one. Everyone who has looked at it, customers and friends, has said so. I just need good copy to convince people that they really want it.

The turnaround. Jean-Rene asked what I did differently to start making sales again after the drought. There were a couple things, some you will believe, some you might not.

First thing I did was I sent out a pre-sale soft sale letter of sorts. It was mostly content on what beginners need to succeed in this niche. The letter only mentioned my product in one sentence and the rest of the letter was content. Then a couple days later I sent out an email to the entire list telling the purchasers that their bonus booklet was finally finished and to email me to get it. In that letter I hit them with the hard sell and told them all about the 8 week money back guarantee.

The second thing you may or may not agree with. Just before the drought, I was diving my money like I do at the beginning of every month. Some money goes to emergency savings, some goes toward investments, some for play money, and some I give to the church. Well I usually give 10% of what I make but at the beginning of last month I decided that I didn't want to give that much. Not for any particular reason other than I was feeling a bit greedy. Sales immediately dried up. I sent out broadcasts, tuned sales letters, etc. and nothing helped. Then I decided to give the rest of the 10% I usually donate. Only then did the sales start to roll in.

You may or may not believe this and to be honest, I don't really care=) What I know is that when I was greedy, money ran from me. When finally felt like giving again, not because I wasn't making sales but because I knew I hadn't given out of greed, money came to me.

Lesson learned.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker