A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Conditioning

I recently purchased an email marketing course. Yeah, I know. I've been buying a lot of them lately and this is coming from the guy who said "don't buy marketing ebooks, all of the info is available in forums". Well, these are audios, so there.

In all honesty, it doesn't make any real difference. Ebooks, audios, videos - almost all of the info IS available in forums. Things have changed in that I don't have the time to scourer forums anymore. Sigh alas.

Anyway, back to the story at hand. In the audios, one of the individuals said that you have to condition your list to be responsive and buy from you. This really hit home for me. I started my list in July 2006 but didn't release the product until December 2006. That period of time the only money the list generated was in the form of Adsense. That is a long time and during that entire time I never made offers to them. I conditioned them to be "freebie seekers". I have to recondition them to be "buyers". I have to make sure the new subscribers are buyers up front.

Enter the One-Time-Offer. I found a free script that will give those who opt into my newsletter a chance to get my product for 15% off. One time. If they try to come back or reload the page, the offer is gone. According to the speaker, doing this will get it into the mind of the subscriber up front that they will be offered products to buy.

What do you think?

Burke, Jean-Rene, and I have discussed the issue of affiliates and they have convinced me to take a shot and get them now. Let's see how it goes.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

3 Comments:

  • I was thinking of using that strategy as well. You should test it out :)

    That's a good theory too, conditioning your list to buy. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:12 AM  

  • Hello,

    What is the name of the course?

    And what is the name of the OTO script?

    By Blogger admin, at 5:33 PM  

  • Hey,

    I'll have to get the name of the course and OTO script for you guys. I can't remember off the top of my head.

    Jon

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker