A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Split Tests Up

Two of them, in fact.

Split Test 1 - Namesqueeze (NS)
On the NS page, I changed the image to reflect the newsletter and moved it and the sign up form to the left hand side. I know you should only change one thing at a time but placing these items on the left seems to be what all of the eye heat maps suggest so I'm testing it out. The other is the regular NS page I have been using for months now.

Split Test 2 - Salesletter
One salesletter is the one I have been using. The other is completely revamped with all new text, images and everything. Out of these, I will choose the best and then start the "one-change-at-a-time" testing. As we have already discussed, the goal is 3% sales rate. I also used a redirect so that when people mouse-over the buy links, they see pretty, regular URLs and not the nastiness my product protector throws up. We will see if that makes a difference.

Sales have really slowed down since the beginning of the month. I am about to try to send out another sales broadcast. Hopefully a little prodding will get more traffic to the split test to see if it has an effect.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

4 Comments:

  • have you thought about JV'ing with anybody in the industry of your product?

    Hell, have them review it and if they like it, then ask if they'd like to promote it as an affiliate. Recommendations have nothing to do with your own conversion rate in my opinion.

    If Allan Gardyne sends out an email about a particular affiliate/internet marketing product being of good quality, then people are going to buy it, even if the salesletter sucks.

    Waiting until you have 3% conversion before trying to recruit affiliates is putting a wall in front of your progress.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:36 PM  

  • Hey Jean-Rene,

    You may be right about the affiliates. You and I are active affiliates and we know what we look for in a program. I know that if a product doesn't convert within 100 visitors, it gets the ax. Right now my product converts a just under 1%.

    I don't know. My perspective has been that I want affiliates to stick with the product. If it doesn't convert well, they won't and my rankings in the CB Marketplace will fall. I see what you're saying and I would like to test a few affiliates on a limited basis. Same thing with JV's. I'm reluctant to release my product to others to promote if it doesn't convert better than it has been.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 6:34 AM  

  • that is a pickle. I see your point coming from an affiliate point of view.

    Well, does your product have a lot of competition?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:23 AM  

  • Hey Burke,

    Long time no speak. I guess you two are right. I will put my product in the marketplace and see how it does.

    Jean-Rene,

    There is some competition but it isn't overwhelming.

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker