A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, February 22, 2007

First JV attempt

At the behest of Jean-Rene and Burke, I contacted my first potential JV partner this a day or two ago. I'm planning to promote her product first to my list and see how it converts. If it does well, then I will come from the angle of becoming JV partners. I think people will be more likely to partner up if I have already made some money for them. One of the techniques I picked up from the program I bought (I'll get the name for you guys later) is becoming JV partners with someone and promoting each other's product on the "thank you" page after someone has bought from you. According to them, people are more likely to buy when they have just parted with their cash so the "thank you" page is prime real estate. I'm excited to try it out.

Enter MSN Adcenter.
I received a $100 coupon in the mail a while back and decided to jump on it.

The Bad: The system is cumbersome as Hell. I mean, this thing makes the old Overture interface look like Adwords. That's how complicated and convoluted it is. Buggy, too. Two properly spelled keywords were rejected while all of the misspellings for those words were accepted. I also have to bid almost twice as much to get decent rankings compared to Adwords.

The Good: Their support is great. Unlike Google and Yahoo, no attempt is made to hide the telephone support. I called in and was talking to a live person in less than 2 minutes. We went through my campaign and figured out why the system denied the two keywords. The explanations is so silly that I'm not even going to detail it here suffice to say it was caused by a prevalent system bug. Support Lady was very helpful, a bit on the verbose side, and more than willing to explain how to use the system.

I'm hoping it works out well so that I can add to my traffic sources. The PPC Triumvirante - Google, Yahoo, & MSN!




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker