A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back from San Francisco

San Francisco is great! I spent the last few days there for a wedding and had a great time. Unfortunately it put me a little behind in the Thirty Day Challenge.

I have my markets and we have been told to make 3 articles each for yesterday and today. I have 3 finished and 1 in the works. I'm so excited. Ed is actually having us use a technique for testing markets that I had tried on a limited basis (read: one market) a few months ago. You do the research, find a market, and find an affiliate product to promote. If people will buy the affiliate product, then it is an indication that making a product in that market could generate money. If the affiliate product doesn't sell, then it may be a good idea to move on to the next market.

The reason my testing didn't work when I tried it was because I was trying to use old PPC techniques from a year ago. Those techniques worked before the "Google Slap" and quality score algorithm. Now it is too costly to drive traffic to a site that doesn't have content.

Rather than driving traffic with PPC, Ed is having us use organic traffic. If we do everything correctly and follow the guidelines he set for choosing a market, we will be able to generate the traffic needed to make sales. 200 unique visitors to the sales page per day is the goal.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

4 Comments:

  • Thanks for the info on the 30 day challenge. I'd signed up for it and then just had a mini freak out because I thought it was going to be video based (I mean we'd have to do podcasting and all that) - I don't even know where I got that line of thinking from.

    From what you're saying, I'm going to go back to those emails and the site and check it out. The info you said, makes total sense - and gives a basis as to how much work we should be doing on our sites, before we know if it's hit or miss.

    Thanks!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:30 AM  

  • Hey Empress,

    The 30DC is a good thing. You should definitely check it out=) There is still plenty of time to get started.

    Jon

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 7:55 PM  

  • Yeah I was under the impression that he was going to use mostly multi-media and web 2.0 stuff.

    I guess I'll check it out as well :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:58 AM  

  • Hey Jean-Rene,

    It is web 2.0 stuff but it is very effective and you should go test this stuff out.

    Jon

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker