A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Saturday, August 30, 2008

First Wordpress Site Complete

Yes, it is complete and ready to go. All that remains is to retool one of my existing PPC campaigns and start directing traffic to it. I was going to take the rest of the night off but doing the retool is pretty mindless. On top of that, this offer typically doesn't convert on Saturdays but does on Sundays. If I do this now, things will be ready for traffic tomorrow morning. I REAALLLY hope this works. I have very high hopes for this. If nothing else, it should convert better than sending traffic directly to the merchant. At least this way, the potential customers will be warmed up a bit.

What else? Oh yeah. Google & I had a bit of a confrontation. I believe I mentioned that I changed some of my Adwords ads so that they would push the promotion I was having for my product. Well, Google's new On-the-Fly Quality Score system didn't like that and slapped my ads. Adgroups that had 6%+ CTR were suddenly inactive for search. Where I had been paying less than 5 cents in some cases, they now demanded $0.40!

I changed my ads back last night and I can say this about their new system - it went back to normal afterward. I did change my bids on my main keywords but I think everything should be alright.

Still, I'm not a fan of this heavy handed approach they seem to favor.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker