A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Date, New Start

Yeah, I've been having my pity party here for the last few weeks. My goal, which I established last year, was to be able to "retire" this month. Didn't happen. Dave over at PPC Fool gave the best explanation as to why most of us fail to succeed in this post. Dave is a great guy that I met at the Affiliate Summit.

For this entire duration of my business, I have not stayed focus on one area. I've been jumping ship to the next idea each time it looked like the first one wasn't moving fast enough. Basically, moving around in the sphere instead of making a beeline to the outside.

This CPA-PPC strategy is my beeline and I'm going to stick with it until I reach exit velocity. One thing I have been failing to implement that has always been a part of my strategy is the creation of a website after proving the viability of an offer. Yeah, I started messing round with a few landing pages but I really need a full fledged site.

Last night, I started working on building a Wordpress site for one of the offers that performed well back in June. I've never been a fan of building those types of sites but they do have some advantages. Hopefully, I will have it up and running by the end of the week.

I also launched a couple of new offer tests in the past few days. We will see how those go.

Finally, to boost revenue a midst this poor performing month, I started doing one of the promos I learned from Mass Control using my product. Things looked rough at only $51 when I got home from work but I checked my stats this morning and that turned into $166 overnight.

My intention is to have that promotion cut into the losses I have been suffering this month.


No more pity parties and whining. Just focus & hard work.

The new goal is to quit by December 19, 2008.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

1 Comments:

  • Great to hear it Jon! Keep it up and stay focused - I know how hard that is to do. You know my path has been about as straight as a Formula 1 race track - fast, but running in squiggly circles.

    You'll get there!

    By Blogger Roger Hutchison, at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker