A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Search for a Virtual Assistant (VA)

You may or may not know this but my list of heroes includes Colin Powell, Optimus Prime, my Dad, and most recently Tim Ferriss. In his book, "4-Hour Work Week", he explains the need for having a VA. That book is currently my favorite (yes, it even beats out Rich Dad, Poor Dad and the Fantastic Mr. Fox) and if you haven't read it yet go buy the book now! Seriously, its Morpheus training Neo type stuff.

Anyway, I agree. In order to grow, my business needs help. I need someone who will constantly search for partners, new products, do directory submissions, and create content. Constantly. While I'm off coming up with the marketing, they will hold down the existing forts and continue to work to make them a castle.

Empress mentioned some locations for finding someone to outsource to and they are great places to start. I have also found two companies that look like they have potential. VMG BPO and Globe Task. They seem to be a one stop shop for doing everything. I would have a single point of contact (an outsourcing manager) who would delegate tasks to his team. They charge by the hour and their rates are the most reasonable I have found so far.

Things have pretty much become too hard for me to handle on my own. It is time to let go of the reigns a bit and let my business grow.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

1 Comments:

  • Hi!
    I'm on the same track... and wondering if you want to share your finding on the search for a VA.
    I have not searched for a VA, but I have some experience with outsourcing and I would say that 99% of the time you have to put more effort into training them, that the ROI is really low...
    But I'm willing to get another try.

    Cheers,
    JP

    By Blogger Neil Warner, at 3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker