A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

PPC2, Lead Form. A Page Barely Alive...

...we can rebuild it. Better, more compelling, faster loading.

This is exactly what I have been working on since I came home. Sorry for the late update but I've been working hard. The form is partially complete. The coding is far better this time around and is far and away easier to edit than the previous iteration. To make it more compelling, I am making it appear shorter. Elements that only need to be filled out in certain circumstances will be hidden from view until the proper triggers are activated.

Enter JavaScript.
I bought the book with the HTML one back in March or April. Never read it. Now I'm happy I didn't send the book back. JavaScript will allow me to keep portions of the form hidden until the user triggers it to appear. Example: The visitor selects "Married" under marital status. This triggers text boxes to appear that will pertain to their spouse's information that I will need. This will be trial and error as well as a bit of reverse engineering. I seem to do a lot of both.

I have also included many of the benefits that the person will get from using my form. I still have to retool the PHP script that sends me the email and stores the info in my database. Some entries have been eliminated, some added. Let's hope I remember how to do it=)




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like the six million dollar website cue seventies music :P

    By Blogger Mark, at 3:32 AM  

  • LOL, glad someone caught that=)

    By Blogger JonnyQ888, at 8:14 AM  

  • jeez that paticular programme brings back memories for me I used to run around making that mechanical noise as i ran around pretending to be him even in slow motion how sad is that !!!!!
    :S

    By Blogger Mark, at 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker